Saturday, June 1, 2019

Such A Tomboy - Sketch N Scrap #178

Hello, everyone and Happy June 1st! I can't believe that it is already June. I guess since our weather has been so rainy, and cool for the most part, that it still feels like early spring instead of (almost) summer. I am ready for the warm sunny days for sure!

It's time for the first sketch of the month at Sketch N Scrap today and Lisa is starting us off with a great one! I know this one will go into my favorites to be used again.


Here is what I came up with:


Miss Ada is a tomboy through and through! I guess since she has always been mostly around boys that it was inevitable. She will take playing in the dirt over playing dress up and playing with dolls any day! Now, don't get me wrong, she does love to play dress up, she loves playing with her dolls and dollhouses, but if she was given the choice, playing in the dirt would probably win out and I wouldn't have it any other way!

On this day, Abby could not get Ada in the car to go home for her playing around in the dirt or maybe I should say dust because it was so powdery! She would dig in it with her shovel and then pick it up by the handfuls and dump it on her legs and feet - much to her Mom's dismay! She even left dust prints on her car seat when Abby finally got her in the car!

I've used Simple Stories - Little Princess - collection. I picked this collection #1 - the colors in the collection are perfect for the photos and #2 - I kind of liked the contrast of it being a girly collection and being used on a layout about her being a tomboy.

 I changed up a couple of things on my layout compared to the sketch. I used 3 photos instead of the 2 on the sketch and I left off the embellishment on the right side of the photos.

Here are a couple of close-ups:




For the alphas, I have used the purple Elle's Studio puffy alphas. I love these little alphas - they are perfect for so many things. The turquoise alphas are from The Paper Studio.

I will add my journaling when I get it condensed down to the area I've got for it.

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the sketch and the design team layouts. I can't wait to see what you create with the sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I will be right back with my June Counterfeit Kit Challenge to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun story and memory!! I love your layout, such pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete