Sunday, June 30, 2019

His Name is Snugglefest - The Studio Challenges

Hello, everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend. I think summer has finally arrived! We have had a stretch of 90 degree days and lots of pool time!

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today! This week we are challenging you with one of my favorite challenges - Tic Tac Toe! Choose a row from the board below and use those items on your layout. Here's the board:


And my layout:


I used the top row across - mini alphas, blue, and enamel dots. I also used polka dots, striped patterned paper, 3 photos, and a few of the hearts are fussy cut, too.

I used a lot of scraps from a couple of different Bella Blvd collections. I kind of wish I would have laid the strips out in a different order - I'm not too crazy with the pink letters on the green dot paper...I may have to go back and change it out - but then again, the layout is done!

I used a free sketch from Alison Davis' Sketch Week 2 from Scrapbook Generation which you can find here. I love this sketch and can see myself using it again and again.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I busted out a little piece of ribbon and my roller phrase stamps for this layout. I loved die cutting the majority of the hearts and layering them down the side.






I even tore the edges of the bottom of the photo mats - although that's hard to see here!

I do still need to add some journaling - which will probably go in the space on the right side of the layout by the photos. A little bit about the photos - Abby and Shawn took Ada to a festival in their town last summer. Ada found this cute little crocheted puppy and fell in love! When Ada was asked what its name was she said - his name is Snugglefest - yeah, she went through a spell there where her names were a little...different!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team. We hope you have a chance to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment