Wednesday, June 12, 2019

You Make Me Smile - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #1

Hello and Happy Wednesday! 

It's time for the first challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Here is a reminder of the inspiration kit that I chose for June:


Since June is my birthday month - in fact, today is my birthday - we are going to be using some of my favorite things on our projects. For the first challenge, I want to see scallops on your projects.

Here is what I came up with:


I have been going through older photos of my kids with good intentions of getting them organized, but I keep getting sidetracked with photos I want to scrap. So instead of putting them in a pile on my desk, to surely be forgotten again, I have decided to try to scrap them immediately. This is one of those photos. I know this picture was taken on one of Abby's birthdays - I just need to do a little more digging to find which one! 

I've used some of my favorite papers from my kit for this layout and that little 4x6 plastic box full of goodies that I included...it has been so much fun going through it and finding all sorts of things to add to my projects!

I've added two rows of scalloped borders to my layout. I kind of wish I had reversed them and put the darker pink on the bottom, but it's too late now! I even made a few more foam backed hearts to match. These little guys are my favorite embellishment to make right now!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I will add my journaling onto the lined banner piece once I know for sure which birthday this is.


These chipboard frames have been floating around in my supplies for ages, so it was so nice to get them on a layout!

Now, head on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the projects from the rest of the design team. Be sure to follow the link to our guest designers Youtube channel to see her project, too!

I would love to see your kit and your creations that you make using it, so be sure to link up over the blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Mine is next week so I am a fellow June girl. Aren't June birthdays the greatest? You are sure to get gifts every 6 months! LOL!

    I love your page and think the darker pink scallop on top is perfect. It draws my eye straight to the photo which is the whole goal, right? Love the hearts. And I, too, still have lots of pics from when the kids were smaller to scrap so I feel ya on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Beautiful page and love the double scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job using other papers to highlight the pictures; happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete