Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Scrap Our Stash Saturday Cartoon Inspired Sketch Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope your week is off to a good start! 

Today is my day to share my layout for the Scrap Our Stash Saturday Cartoon Inspired Sketch Challenge. The cartoon for June is Spongebob - one that I know well! All of my kids watched Spongebob when they were growing up. 

Along with the cartoon inspiration and sketch we have an added challenge to use yellow and square embellishments on our layout.

Here's the June graphic:




I have created another slip n slide layout - this time featuring my oldest son. I'm pretty sure this was the first slip n slide that we got and it was probably 2004...I really wish I had done better about writing the dates on the back of my photos!

The yellow sun paper is from Simple Stories - Hello Summer - collection. I gutted the paper so I could use it both as a frame for my layout and for the main paper panel. All of the rest of the papers came out of my scraps bin.

I used the square stickers from the Simple Stories - Sunshine and Blue Skies - collection for my square embellishments. They were more rectangular shaped so I just trimmed a little off of the top and bottom to make them more square. I also added in a few phrase stickers and enamel dots to finish it off. 

Here are a few close-ups:




The journaling says - It took a couple of tries at the slip n slide for Matthew to get the hang of it, but once he did he thought it was a lot of fun and pretty awesome! He just kept going, and going, and going!

I have really been enjoying going through older photos of the kids and getting them scrapped. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them as "littles" for a while as I have quite a few left to scrap.

Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash for more design team inspiration. I hope you have some time to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I'll be back later with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment