Monday, June 24, 2019

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #322

Hello and Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for this new week. We are having a beautiful day today before the heat kicks in tomorrow. Any day that I can go with the windows open in the house is a day that I enjoy! I love to hear the breeze blowing and the birds chirping.

It's time for a new sketch challenge over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge today and I am sharing the card that I created with the sketch. I decided to make a Christmas card again this week - that will be 2 Christmas cards made this month!

Here's a look at the sketch:


The strips on the sketch is a perfect way to use up some scraps and that is just what I did! I pulled out what's left of my Doodlebug Designs - Here Comes Santa Claus - 6x6 paper pads and created this card:


I'm slowly working on using up all that I have left of these paper pads. I just need to sit down one afternoon and make cards with what scraps I have left and be done with it! Hopefully, I will like Doodlebug's Christmas collection this year so I can buy some new!

I'm not usually a fan of cutting my paper into strips to add to my cards - mostly because I am challenged at cutting them straight and then putting them on the card front straight - but with a little help from my craft knife, I was able to get these fairly straight/even.

Be sure to stop by Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge to see the sketch and Wednesday will be the full design team reveal and last week's Top 3. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you working on those Christmas cards!! Love those colors!! I am also challenged by cutting/placing strips evenly. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete