Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Goggles Girl - Scrap Our Stash June Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello!  Good Tuesday morning to you! I think summer has finally arrived here in the middle of the US and it looks like we are finally going to be able to get into the pool this week. Between all of the rain and the cooler weather we've been having...well, I'm ready for some summer!

Today is my day to be featured over on the Scrap Our Stash blog with my take on the June Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge. Here's a look at the sketch that we are to use one side or the other of:


Along with the sketch challenge, there is an additional challenge to use polka dot patterned paper and numbers on our layout. Here is what I came up with:


I chose the left-hand side of the sketch for my layout. I used pink polka dot patterned paper and for my numbers, I added the year to the bottom cluster. The polka dotted paper I found in my scraps box and all the other papers are scraps from the "Little Princess" collection from Simple Stories. 

I loved the look of the title within the journaling so I made sure to work it around to where my title was actually part of my journaling. I had a bit of an accident with my paint splatters, but it was an easy fix, I just cut another piece of white cardstock to fit in the space where my journaling and title was to go and then added it all on top of the piece of cardstock. At first glance, you don't even notice it - you have to be looking really closely to see that there is an extra piece of cardstock there.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



Instead of outlining my layout with a pen, like I tend to do, I used the same navy paint that I used for my splatters to go around the edges of my cardstock.

Be sure to stop by the Scrap Our Stash blog for more inspiration from the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment