Sunday, December 15, 2019

Holiday Happiness - The Studio Challenges - Christmas Traditions

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please scroll on down. 

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today. This week we want to see a layout about those Christmas traditions. What is Christmas like where you are, is there something you do at Christmas time that is different to other people? Or maybe there's a tradition you have to do for it to feel like Christmas. Show us those Christmas traditions.

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is decorating the Christmas tree - it is the kick-off to our holiday season - and it is a requirement that every member of the family has to hang at least one ornament on the tree before they can be "done".   We typically decorate the tree over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend but this year Ada's birthday fell on that weekend and we wanted to have the house decorated for her party, so we bucked tradition and put up the tree a week early - which pleased Shane immensely!



I have used an older Bella Blvd Christmas collection... I think it's called Christmas Cheer - for this layout. That cute tree paper was just what I was looking for this layout! The only "d" that I had left had an upside down heart on it so I just added an enamel dot over it to cover it up.

I wanted to get a photo of everyone hanging their ornament on the tree on this layout so I printed them each in wallet size and was able to get all of them on one page.  I did want to get the photo of Ada putting on the angel - with Uncle Matt's help - and to add some journaling, so I made a sort of flip out in order to include both.


I used a couple of different Elle's Studio stamps on my journaling card and I really like how it turned out. I will add my journaling (now that the photo is taken and I don't have to worry about messing it up!) and tell about how this year was a little different with the timing of when we put our tree up and why. 


Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges to see Helen and Michelle's take on the challenge, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: