Sunday, December 1, 2019

Hello Happy - The Studio Challenges Sketch Challenge

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please scroll on down. 

The Studio Challenges has a new challenge posted today and it is my favorite - a sketch challenge. Here's a look at the fun sketch that Anna has created for us:


This sketch was actually loosely based on one of my layouts that can be seen here. This is what I came up with this time around:


I changed up a few things this time around - I used smaller square photos, a heart in place of the circle where the title rests, moved my journaling, and used one larger half circle at the bottom of the layout. 

I've had these photos of Ada on my to-scrap pile since I took them back in April. They are two of my favorite photos and I thought it was time to get them on a layout.

The larger half circle at the bottom is where I started with this layout. It was originally a 3x4 card that I cut into a half circle. I took a cue from the colors in the card for the rest of the papers on my layout. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I stamped the 'hello' from a My Mind's Eye stamp set (Yes, Please) to complete my title. I love it when I can incorporate my stamps on my layouts. I finished it off with some puffy hearts scattered about.


Now, head on over to The Studio Challenges to see how the rest of the design team took on the sketch. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful mix of patterned papers, Lori and great work with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete