Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Studio Challenges - Review of the Year

Hello, hello! I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the new year.  Have you thought about making any scrappy goals for yourself in the new year? I've been thinking about mine and hope to share those with you in a post in the coming days.

Today I am here to share my layout for this week's challenge at The Studio Challenges. This week our challenge is - Review of the Year - how was the last year for you? Was it good or bad? Was there a standout moment or maybe you would like to add something from each month - it is up to you!

We had a pretty darn good 2019 and there is no way I could use every single highlight on one layout, so I decided to highlight a few of the more memorable or funny highlights from each month on my layout:


I can't remember the last time I did a double page layout that wasn't a Project Life spread! It doesn't happen very often for me anymore, I just don't take as many photos as I used to, but it's fun to do one now and then. I was able to fit 14 photos on this layout!

Since I had a lot going on in the photos, I tried to keep my background papers and embellishments minimal. Here's a better look at each side:


The background paper, I believe, is from an older Crate Paper line. I forgot to write it down before I threw away the manufacturer's strip. All of the other papers and embellishments are from Simple Stories "So Happy Together" collection, with the exception of the enamel dots, they are from My Mind's Eye's "Splendor" collection, and the alphabet letters are from Felicity Jane.


Here are a couple of close-ups:


I wanted to do something a little different with my numbers, so I die cut them out of navy cardstock and the mint green patterned paper. I then cut the mint green set on a diagonal and layered them over the top of the navy numbers for a two-toned, or color-blocked, look.




Since I had so much journaling for this layout, I needed to create a flap for it all to fit. I printed it all off and then created the flap by scoring about a quarter of an inch from the top of the front flap and folding it behind the bottom page. I added a little glue to hold it in place.

Head on over to The Studio Challenges for more great inspiration for this challenge. I hope you take on this challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment