Saturday, February 6, 2021

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Mini Kit Reveal

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. 

I am on mini-kit duty at Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month and today is reveal day! Here is a look at the inspiration kit that Master Forger Lisa picked for us:


This kit is courtesy of Scrapbook Werkstatt in Germany. Their Herzstuck kit is their current kit and it is filled with soft tones, florals, and hearts. The hearts and colors are what spoke to me and I think you can see that in my kit:


I went a little overboard with my embellishments but I have been reorganizing my scrap room and finding things that I would really like to get used. When I put my kit together I had two layouts in mind that I would like to get made with it, maybe 3, so I included just enough papers for those layouts.

Here's a closer look at the papers:


I started looking for heart paper and ended up including three in my kit. I then started picking out papers that would match, keeping in my mind the colors in the inspiration kit. The back row includes Simple Stories Posh heart paper, Echo Park's Soak Up The Sun's mustard-yellow paper, Pink Paislee's Whimsical pink paper, and Echo Park's So Happy Together wood-look paper. The front row includes Close To My Heart's Happy Heart heart paper, and their So Much Happy floral paper, Dear Lizzy's Lovely Day mint paper, and Echo Park's I am Mom stripes with hearts paper. 

Here is a look at my embellishments:


I won't go through everything - that would take me all day - but there is a good mix of Citrus Twist, Pink Fresh, Gossamer Blue, Maggie Holmes, and Doodlebug Designs. I even added a piece of heart embossed vellum, although you cannot even see it in the photo. Not everything matches what's in my kit, but a good portion does and I hope to use as much of it as possible!

I found a gold alpha in my stash and the word Thickers were stuck to the back of them, and I had an idea for the "major heart eyes" sticker, so I went ahead and included it, too:


I also added this chipboard sheet and sticker sheet from Maggie Holmes: 


And here is my first layout using my kit:


I used the pink, mint green, and blue stripes with hearts paper on this layout. I gutted the pink paper that I used for a background mat so I would have some pink to cut my hearts from. I die cut three pink hearts and three smaller vellum hearts to layer on top. The vellum hearts were not showing up well so I inked the edges. From there I created my clusters using the die-cut packs, chipboard pieces, and puffy/enamel hearts, and word stickers. 

Here are a few close-ups:




These photos were taken way back in 2011. It was just a couple of months before Abby's wedding and Shane was taking full advantage of her being home from college. He loved spending time with her when she was home and she doted on him constantly. I knew with the wedding coming up and her moving out that I would not get a chance to capture these sweet moments as easily, so I grabbed my camera and snapped a few photos of the two of them together. 

Now here we are almost 10 years later and just as I thought - these moments are few and far between! She still dotes on him when she comes over and once in a while he'll sit still long enough to show her some affection, but these sweet moments are nothing like when they were both younger. 

Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see Clair's fabulous mini-kit and project. 

I will be working on my second layout with this kit soon, so stay tuned!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Lori.... This is a wonderful kit and your first page with it brought a few (proud Mommy) tears to my eyes. I so totally "get" what you said and described in your write up about the page. Our special older kids are amazing with their little brother[s] aren't they? Same scenario here. How lovely that you documented it! Just love the softly inked vellum hearts and the beautiful striped paper you used. Your sweet embellies added the perfect touch. I spied the CTMH "Heart Happy" and "So Much Happy" papers in your kit right away- I loved using both of those collections. :) WTG as usual. Love what you do every time!! You are an inspiration to me (THANK YOU...) and have helped me realize that it was time to get back to blogging- and I did it. :) Thanks for sharing!! ~ Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Ali! It's always fun to look back at older photos and see things through different eyes. I am so glad that you are back to blogging! I will be sure to stop by!

      Delete