Sunday, February 21, 2021

Um...No, Nana - Scrap Our Stash February Sketch Challenge

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my reveal for The Studio Challenges, please scroll down.

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for the February sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Along with the sketch you are to use a heart embellishment and/or heart patterned paper. Here's a look at the sketch:


Here is my layout:


I had taken this photo of Ada one day while we were shopping. Her Peppa Pig had been a big hit and was showing some wear and tear, so I thought we would look for a new hat. I tried this Hello Kitty hat on her and she was not impressed - at all. I'm not sure if it was because we tried it on in the store or if she just really does not like Hello Kitty, but it was a hard no for her!

I used papers from my February Great Stash Bash kit. The only full sheet of paper that I used from my kit is the pink paper that I matted my background - the rest are all scraps that I had included in my kit and I did a pretty good job at using all of the ones that I pulled out. I think the multi-colored striped paper is the only paper that I had enough leftover that I could put back in my kit. 

I stuck pretty true to the sketch - only changing up the triangle pieces with hearts. Try as I might, I just couldn't get the triangle pieces to work. I decided to replace them with hearts and I liked it so much better. 

Here are a few close-ups:


Since I have nothing "Hello Kitty" in my scrappy supplies, I found a free clip art image on the internet, resized it to a size that I wanted, and fussy cut it out. 


Every time I see this photo this phrase is the first thing that pops into my head. Her expression definitely says - I don't think so!

 

I liked the look of the doily on my layout but the white on white was just not showing up so I added a pink circle a little bigger than the doily for it to sit on. I added that minty green heart from Pink Fresh and then I didn't really care for it - it's not exactly the color I wanted but trying to get it off was not happening without ripping everything underneath it. Pink Fresh adhesive really sticks - so it will stay. It doesn't look as "off-color" in person as it does in this photo.

Be sure to stop by the Scrap Our Stash blog to see the beautiful creations from the rest of the design team. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch Lori and a great story to go with the page.

    ReplyDelete