Monday, February 1, 2021

Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash February Edition

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my reveal for Sketch N Scrap, please scroll down.

It is time for the February edition of Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash! If you don't know what the Great Stash Bash is - it is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) in an effort to get our scrappy stash used up!

I can't believe it is already time to put another stash kit together! January just seemed to fly by, and even though one of my goals this year was to work with my stash bash kit during the month and hopefully get it used...well, I had good intentions, it just didn't happen! I am not putting that kit away anytime soon. I will make a project or two out of it yet!

With that being said, let's move on to what I pulled together for February.

Our kit "recipe" is 10 patterned papers, 5-7 scrap papers, 3-4 embellishments, and our focus item this month is 12x12 sticker sheets.

Here is my kit:


I took a little different approach to putting my kit together for February. I decided if I was going to be successful at using up my kit this month then I needed to take the time to do a little extra planning. I started with our focus piece this month - 12x12 sticker sheets - and picked three that I knew I had photos for. There's no need for me to pick more - these three will be plenty for me to work with this month!


Simple Stories' Sweet Talk and Little Princess sticker sheets and Carta Bella's Soak Up The Sun sticker sheet. I have photos of Ada in her Elsa costume - both at Halloween from a couple of years ago and her in it just playing. I have photos of Abby, Shawn, and Ada camping at the lake last year, along with a ton of other summertime photos that I can use for the summer collection, and with Valentine's Day a couple of weeks away, the Sweet Talk stickers will be perfect for some cards.

Here are the papers I picked to use this month. At first, I thought they were just going to be a hodgepodge of papers, but when I laid them all out together I was surprised at how well they went together!


I picked two papers from the Sweet Talk collection, three papers from the Little Princess collection, and five from the Soak Up The Sun collection to make my 10 papers.

Here are the embellishments. A few more than the called for 3-4 but it's a good variety - especially in the "summer" category - to get a few pages done:


After the first of the year, I took a couple of weeks to rearrange and reorganize my scrap room. I found a lot of things that I would like to get used up - like the October Afternoon summer sticker sheets and the alphas stickers that have been in my stash for ages! I also came across the pack of vellum die-cut pieces from Amy Tangerine and there are several that I think will work with the layouts I have planned for this month. If I could put a dent in those items, I would be a happy camper!

Here are the scraps that I have put in my kit:


Again, with my rearranging, I took the time to get my collections all put back together instead of my paper being a mixed-up mess. What scraps I had with the collections all went into a 12x12 page protector, so it was super easy to find some scraps that matched for this kit.

I had just a few more pieces of paper that I wanted to include:


The cut apart papers will be used for titles and embellishments and the other three are just extras in case I need them. I figured while I had them out I might as well add them. I want to have everything I might possibly want to use on a layout together and ready to go.

As I was pulling my kit I made sure to jot down what layouts - or projects I would like to get made with this kit:


I know this seems like an unnecessary thing to do...I have already pulled this kit with these layouts in mind. My problem is that sometimes when I sit down to scrap I let my mind wander and then I start thinking of other photos to maybe scrap with these papers - which is fine - but more often than not I'll go in search of the other photos only to find that they really don't go with what I picked, and then I'm off looking for more papers, and that is not what I want to happen! If I have my plans already written down and make myself stick to them, then I should be able to get this kit used up!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you play along and put together your own stash bash kit add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Terrific February 2021 Stash Bash, Lori!! Sorry that I haven't had time to do layouts for many months now. I've been very busy in long-term subbing assignments and trying to cope and flex with different in and out of class learning. Plus at different age levels and for different districts, driving directions from my house, as well. Cray-cray. Hope I can catch some upcoming posts of yours to see how you use your February Stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope that things slow down for you soon and you are able to get some scrappy time in eventually! I know subs are in high demand around here, too, so I am sure you are being kept busy!

      Delete
  2. What a fun kit Lori!! I just love the Sweet Talk stickers, they are so cute, I really wanted to get those but knew I didn't "need" them so I held off lol!! I can't wait to see what you create! I sure can relate to what you are saying about going off on a tangent when you sit down to scrap, I am the SAME way, so I am following your lead and I just went and wrote down my ideas for my kit that I have so far so I am more successful this month!!

    ReplyDelete