Sunday, August 8, 2021

Creek Adventures - Sketch N Scrap's August Pop-up Challenge

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. We had a busy couple of days Friday and Saturday with all of the kids over to celebrate Scott's birthday and to get some swimming in. Today the house is much quieter and I hope to spend some time in my scrap room before the busyness of the next couple of weeks starts up.

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for the August Pop-up Layout Challenge in the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group. Here is the sketch that I chose for this pop-up challenge, Sketch #27 from way back in February 2013:


And my layout:


These photos are of one of our creek adventures in July. We had gotten a pretty good rain the day before Abby and Ada came over and the creek was up and running. Ada put on her rain boots and we headed for the creek. I should have posted a close-up of the photo of Ada and Scott together because the water was up even with the top of her boot! She loves when we get to go adventuring at the creek - unless she sees a frog - then she is headed for the house!

I used Photo Play's Fern and Willard that I had included in my August Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit which you can see here. Ada picked these papers herself for our creek photos so I am sure you will be seeing more of this collection along with more creek photos in the future!

The striped paper is not from the Fern and Willard collection - it is scrap from Bella Blvd that I had added to my kit - but it works well with these papers and I got a scrap used up, and the red paper with the hearts that I used for the background is from a different Photo Play collection.

I added a bit of distressing to this layout by way of torn paper edges and by using a distressing tool on the edges of the white cardstock.

Here are a few close-ups:


I finally got this last - lonely yellow fabric flower on a layout! It has been floating around my scrap room for a while now - I even found it on the floor at one point. This layout was perfect for it!


I had these brads on my desk from a previous project and there was just the right amount for this layout, so I added them around for my finishing touch.


I love these little blue alphas from Freckled Fawn! I had to layer them on top of each other to get them to fit this label piece but I think it helps to add to the fun vibe of the layout.

Head on over to the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenge Facebook group to play along with my pop-up challenge. There is a prize involved and you have until August 31st at midnight CST to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: