Sunday, August 1, 2021

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash - August Edition

 


Hello, hello! Happy August 1st! Wowzers this year is flying by! The new month means that it is time for a new stash bash kit! If you don't know what the Great Stash Bash is - it is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) in an effort to get our scrappy stash used up! 

Before I get to my new kit - how about a little update on my July stash bash kit. I did manage to get two layouts made using my kit - that seems to be the magic number around here lately...maybe this month I will get more than two made! I still have last month's kit sitting on the side of my desk because I am making Ada's Summer Fun album a priority this month and most of July's kit was pulled for that 6x8 album. I will keep you posted!

Now, onto my August kit. Here is the August recipe:



Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and for August our focus item is stickers - and you will see that I have quite the variety in my kit! You'll see cardstock stickers, puffy stickers, sticker sheets, chipboard stickers...all the different kinds of stickers!

Once again I have made two mini kits. I really like doing it this way and will probably continue making two mini kits this year. Here's a look at Mini-kit #1:


For my first mini-kit, I have pulled a few papers from Photo Play's Fern and Willard collection and the red with white hearts paper is from the Birds of a Feather collection. I hadn't really given this collection a second thought but when Abby and Ada took me shopping for my birthday Ada saw this collection and told me it would be perfect for her creek pictures. Once I really looked it over I fell in love with it. I mean it's one of my favorite color schemes and I am all about the more generic patterns - checks, dots, florals...yes, please! Ada knows her stuff!

Here's a better look at the papers:


I cannot wait to play with these papers! Not only do I have plans for Ada's creek photos, but I also think I could maybe get a layout of the boys when they were little made from this kit. 

Here are the embellishments:


I have pulled the 12x12 sticker sheet and the die-cut pack from the same collection. Since our focus item this month is stickers - I also pulled the Summer Farmhouse sticker book from Simple Stories, a navy alphabet from Freckled Fawn, and a few label stickers, and red and blue gems that I received several years ago in a swap. I figured it was about time for me to get them used!

Here are the scraps that I pulled for this kit:


I kept in mind that I would also like to do a layout, or two, of my boys so I pulled more navy, red, green, and yellow so I would have plenty to work with. 

Here is mini-kit #2:


I guess you could say this kit has a more "girlie" feel to it with the pinks and aqua...

Here's a look at the papers:


All of these papers except the light pink are from Bella Blvd. The light pink paper is from Close To My Heart. I have something specific in mind for this kit that you will be seeing a little later this month!

Here are the embellishments for mini-kit #2:


Since I really didn't have any specific stickers or die-cuts, etc. for these papers, I dug around in my stash and came up with these - chipboard stickers from Freckled Fawn, chipboard and paper stickers from an old Gossamer Blue kit, puffy word stickers, a foam sticker sheet from Momenta, and the Good Vibes sticker book from Simple Stories. Some of these stickers - like anything yellow or pink - could always work with mini-kit #1, also. I would really like to make a dent in some of these older embellishments!

Here are the scraps for this mini-kit:


I threw in a couple of yellow scraps because, well, number one there is a tiny bit of yellow in the floral print in kit #2, and number two - I thought maybe I could use the black and yellow - and maybe even the aqua - on a layout or card...we will see!


While I was picking my embellishments, I came across these stickers from a previous stash bash kit. Since our focus is on stickers I went ahead and included them in my kit. They will all work with both of my kits and I hope I can put some of them to use!

Here are a few more sticker sheets I would like to get used up:


I am actually including some alpha stickers! I don't normally pull these because I always have them at the ready, but I tend to hoard my Bella Blvd alphas because I LOVE them! It's time to get them on layouts instead of sitting in my stash!

And one last set of items that have been floating around my room - being shuffled from place to place, dropped on the floor, put in a bin to be forgotten about...



The washi tape sheet has been in my stash for I don't even know how long and the same goes for that yellow fabric flower. It is the last fabric flower that I have and I am going to make it my mission to get it on a layout this month! The die-cuts and enamel hearts have been floating from kit to kit and I am anxious to try to get some of them used up this month.

I cannot wait to dig into my kit this month and see what I can get made! I hope that you get a chance to play along with us this month!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the fabulous kit that she has pulled together for this month. This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful kits Lori! I am so excited to see your projects using your kits! I love the Fern and Willard line it is so adorable! I also love your amazing selection of embellishments, it's amazing how many we accumulate isn't it? Good luck on bashing some stash this month!!

    ReplyDelete