Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sketch N Scrap #230

 Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the August 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us:


And this is what I came up with:


These photos are from May of 2020. The kids had all come over for Mother's Day and since we couldn't go anywhere or do anything, we headed out to take a walk. Of course, Ada was running ahead and Willie was right by her side. Whenever Ada would run, Willie would run. When Ada would stop and wait for us, Willie would sit and wait, too. It's been this way since Ada was born. I have photos of Willie looking into her playpen the first time she ever came over for a visit and I think he has taken it upon himself to be her protector. I have so many photos of Ada - inside the house and outside - and Willie is in a good amount of them, never too far from her. I do plan on adding a bit of journaling down the right side of the layout. I just need to figure out exactly what all I want to include in it. 

I used scraps from my August great stash bash kit and a few of the embellishments that were included in it, as well. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


When I die cut the title I had quite a few of these little circles from the inside of some of the letters. Instead of tossing them in the trash, I kept out a few to act as enamel dots. 


I have been wanting to find a small alphabet die that would be good to use in my Project Life album and my traveler's notebooks (or for longer titles like this one) and I found this little alphabet die from Impression Obsessions and got both the uppercase and lowercase for under $15. The only drawback is that you have to cut the entire alphabet - they are not single letters - but I do not mind that at all. I always put the extras into a baggie to see if I can use them on a future project.


Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using this sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment