Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash February Kit

 Hello, everyone! I hope that your week is off to a good start! We are preparing for some major winter weather around here starting tomorrow. We have a chance for ice and snow and bitterly cold temperatures so we will see what we end up getting! Sounds like it is going to be a great time to spend some time inside scrapping and stitching!

I cannot believe that it is already the first day of February and time for a new stash bash kit! I did fairly well with my January kit and hope to do just as well, if not better, with my February kit! I will try to do a January recap post later this week. Let's get on with my February kit.


 If you don't know what the Great Stash Bash is - it is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) and use those items throughout the month in an effort to get our scrappy stash used up!

Here is February's recipe:


Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and our focus item for February are stickers.

I played nice this month and stuck pretty close to the recipe! I created two mini-kits to work with this month. Here is my first mini-kit:


This kit is made up of Cocoa Vanilla's - These Days - collection and a couple of coordinating papers from a DCWV paper pad. I've added in the ephemera pack and all of the stickers that I have for this collection - since that is our focus item this month. I also included a set of Heidi Swapp word stickers that I thought I might be able to use. 

Here are the papers that I included:


The mustard yellow and green dot paper are from the DCWV paper pad and the rest are from Cocoa Vanilla. I have two layouts planned out for this kit and then we'll see what's left and go from there! I may fussy cut that floral paper...or at least a portion of it.

Here are the embellishments:


I have included a Heidi Swapp word sticker sheet, the Cocoa Vanilla ephemera, and all of the stickers that I had from this collection - the alphas, the cardstock stickers, the puffy stickers, the clear stickers, and the word stickers. I would love to get a few of these used!

I also included the cut apart paper and the butterfly paper - for more fussy cutting:


Here is my second kit:


This kit was completely centered around one photo of my boys - Matthew was 2 and Shane just a couple of months old - that I cannot wait to get scrapped! It is made up of mostly Echo Park's Hello Baby - boy collection. There are hints of orange in this collection but no orange paper so I pulled in an old My Mind's Eye orange paper.

Here is a look at the papers: 


I also added a navy piece of cardstock and I will probably cut the border strip paper apart.

Here is a look at the embellishments:


For the embellishments, I included the 12x12 sticker sheet and ephemera pack from the Hello Baby collection, a set of baby-themed stickers from Simple Stories, the mirrored...glass look word sticker from Pink Paislee, a couple of pinwheels from a different Echo Park collection, and a stamp set from My Mind's Eye - in case I feel like getting inky! I have just a few scraps from this collection so I included them. I would love to get them used up this month. 

So, I ended up with a total of 13 papers - not counting the papers that I plan to fussy cut - and a few more than 3-4 embellishments - but the majority of those are stickers which are our focus item this month!

I am super excited to get started with my kit and see how much stash I can bash this month!  

Now, be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the fun kit that she has pulled together for this month. This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous kits!! I almost picked that Cocoa Vanilla line!! I love it and used a gift card I got at Christmas to get a little bit of it. I can't wait to see what you do with these fun kits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added mine. Most of my papers are unbranded but there's a Bella and a Ruby Rock-it in there.I love your example kit,by the way.

    ReplyDelete