Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sweet Little Moment - Sketch N Scrap February Crop Challenge #3

Hello, everyone! Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you! Will you be watching the big game or will you be scrapping the night away? I know we will have it on and we will be rooting for the Bengals - even though they beat out our Raiders in the first playoff game - but really we won't care either way. We just want it to be a good game. And if it's not - you can bet I will be working on a layout or card!

Today I am sharing a layout that I created for Challenge #3 over in Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group.  I chose Sketch N Scrap's Sketch #152 from May 1, 2018:


And this is what I came up with:


I used papers and embellishments from my February Stash Bash kit on this layout. All of the papers are from Echo Park's Hello Baby (boy) collection - except the orange - which is an old My Mind's Eye paper.

I only had this one sweet photo of my boys -  from 20 years ago - to use on this layout. I can't remember if this was the day we finally got to bring Shane home after spending 16 days in the NICU, or if it was a few days later. It couldn't have been too long after as I see the cords from his heart monitor in the photo. 

This photo just melts my heart every time that I look at it! Matthew is loving on his little brother and I can just imagine him letting Shane know that everything's going to be okay - that he is there to watch out for him!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I tried really hard to use those big rosette embellishments that I had included in my kit but they just turned out to be way too big and way too bulky for my liking, so I made my own version with my circle punches and pinked circle dies. I love how they turned out and with making my own version, I could make them as big or as small as I wanted. I finished off this cluster with a few stickers from the sticker sheet. 


For the title, I used the mirrored word "Sweet" from Pink Paislee. I almost didn't use it - the "W" looks a little foggy about halfway down. I tried to get the plastic off it but it was like it had melted onto the letter. I decided to just go ahead and go with it. 

I am so glad that I finally got this photo scrapped!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group and check out our challenges for February. We would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: