Saturday, February 19, 2022

The First Time - Sketch N Scrap #243

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you!  Do you have any fun plans for your weekend? Are you lucky enough to have a long weekend with President's Day being Monday? This is the first year that hubby's work has made it a paid holiday so we will be enjoying the extra day off. And Sunday and Monday are both supposed to be in the 60s, so you know we will be outside getting some work done. We love those warm February days and will take them any time we can get them!

Today I am sharing the layout I created using the February 15th sketch from Sketch N Scrap. This fun sketch was created by Heather and I had a lot of fun creating with it! Here's a look at the sketch:


I always love a sketch that features a big block of paper on it - that gives me a great excuse to play around with patterns! 

This is what I came up with:


I have been wanting to scrap these photos of Ada and the first time that she drew a person with a body instead of a stick figure. She was so proud of herself and I was proud of her, too! I used a paper from Bella Blvd's Mom Life collection for the background. It's quite busy but with the big block of paper on top of it, I feel like it helps to calm the busyness down a bit. I knew that this was probably the only time that I would have the chance to get that paper used.

I wanted to be sure to add the story to the layout so I added a journaling block to the right side of the photos. I tried adding it to labels and putting it in place of the banners at the bottom of the page, and I tried to add a tag that could be hidden - or partially hidden - around the cluster but they both seemed to get lost in that busy background paper, so a journaling block it is!

Here is a close-up of the cluster:


I really didn't know how I was going to embellish this layout - so I went with a large die-cut heart as my cluster base, added a couple of flowers that I found in my stash from an old My Mind's Eye collection, and I fussy cut a few of the drawings from the background paper to add to it. I finished it all off with a few enamel dots. 

And I just now realized that the little red heart that is supposed to be at the end of my journaling is about to fall off of the journaling block! That has now been fixed!

Have you had a chance to play along with the Sketch N Scrap sketches this month? I would love to see your take on them!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: