Friday, February 4, 2022

Fun Day - Sketch N Scrap #242

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I do hope that you have had a good week and that you are ready for the weekend! 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the February 1st sketch at Sketch N Scrap. This sketch is courtesy of Sketch Artist Lisa and I had a lot of fun playing with it! Here is a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


For this layout, I used the Cocoa Vanilla's These Days collection that I had included in my February stash bash kit. These papers are so pretty and I have been hoarding them since I bought them back when they first came out back in July of last year. I decided it was time to get some of them used instead of sitting in my stash taking up space! I have told myself that I cannot get any of their new "No Limits" collection unless, and until,  I get some of this one used up!

These photos are of Ada at Nathanael Greene Park last summer. Abby and Shawn took her there so she could ride her scooter on the trail and along the way, they stopped at the play pods for her to try them out. I believe there are 5 different play pods along the trail and I know they for sure stopped at 2 of them...I am not sure if they hit the other 3 or not. Ada had so much fun!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I cannot believe I got these tree die cuts used on the first layout that I created with this collection. I thought they were perfect for an outdoorsy layout. I added foam tape to the yellow tree and the word sticker for a little dimension.


I went with the Heidi Swapp enamel word stickers for my title. I had a hard time deciding on whether to use fun day or happy day as my title but "fun day" fit the area a little better. I left a bigger space between the words than I really intended so I added a little heart between the words. 


Here I had included all those stickers in my stash bash kit - since they are our focus item - and ended up only using 3 phrase stickers and a circle sticker - everything else was from the ephemera pack or from the cut apart paper...that just leaves me plenty to work with on my next layout!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for more inspiration using this sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori. Your layout is so pretty and your paper and embellishment choices are perfect for their fun outing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete