Sunday, April 17, 2022

I Love Llamas - LM #595 - Shape challenge - Hearts

Hello, everyone! Happy Easter to you! Do you have any fun plans for today? All the kids are coming over and I'm sure there will be an Easter egg hunt - if the rain holds off!

It's time for a new challenge at Lasting Memories today. The theme for April is - shapes - and this week's challenge is to use hearts on your layout. Here is my layout for the challenge:

 
This layout of Miss Ada is going in my 2022 Life Crafted album. All of a sudden, Ada has decided that llamas are now her favorite animal and she is obsessed with getting all of the llama things. She couldn't believe that her mom had a paif of llama sleep shorts and she did not, so we went online and found a pair of llama pjs that she was happy with and ordered. She was happy to try them on and pose for a couple of photos for me. This set even came with a pair of sleep shorts, so she is good to go!

I used papers from my April - Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit. For the Lasting Memories challenge to use hearts - I stamped hearts down the side of my layout in all of the colors in the striped paper. I love how it turned out, and, once again, wonder why I don't use my stamps more on my layouts. I punched out different sizes of hearts from the patterned paper and scattered them about the layout. It kind of looks like sticker sneeze but there was just too much white space for my liking! 

Here are a couple of close-ups: 


Even though I had the rainbow row of hearts, I wanted to bring in a bit of the striped paper that is on the right page to the left page of the layout so I added a strip under the title to give a bit of separation between the title and journaling.

Here is a close-up of the right page:


This cute little llama and the title are from a stamp set from Dollar Tree. I just happened to go in there this last week and saw this cute little stamp set, and since Ada is all about the llamas right now, I figure I will get lots of use out of it! I'm pretty sure I've already got my $1.25 out of with this layout. I really did not expect them to stamp so good! The only thing is the stamp that I used for my title actually says  - I love llama - so I had to find a stamp with an "S" that was the same size and close to the same style font to make it plural. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Here is a close-up of the llama:

Pretty stinkin' cute!

Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories blog to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your stamping! It looks so perfect! Now I want to buy Llama stamps:)

    ReplyDelete