Sunday, April 10, 2022

Spring Vibes - Sketch N Scrap Crop Challenge #3

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. It has been a pretty decent weekend - weatherwise - and that means we have been spending most of our time outside clearing brush from the creek bank. It is looking so good and I can't wait to have it all done!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's April Crop Challenge #3 over in our private Facebook group. I chose to use Sketch #198 from April 1, 2020, for my layout. Here is a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


For this layout I have used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit that I put together to use this month, I could not wait to use those Away We Go papers from Echo Park and the stamps from Studio Calico that I had included in my kit. I generally tend to shy away from those busier papers - like the hot air balloons paper - especially when they are filled with icons that I normally don't use. But I thought that this paper was perfect for a sunny spring day with Ada having fun on her swing. I just need to stop thinking of these papers so literally!

Here are a couple of close- ups:


I used the Studion Calico stamps to make my own sort of background paper. I tried to get ink colors that were similar to the ones in the Away We Go papers. I love how this turned out and will be sure to pull my stamps out more often. I even stamped the word "Spring" from one of the stamp sets. My stamping may not be perfect but it sure is fun!


I did leave a bit of space between some of the stamps to the right of the title where I will add a couple of lines of journaling. 

Be sure to stop by our Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges group on Facebook and join our April Crop. I would love to see your take on all of the challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and those fun photos of Miss Ada. Your stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete