Friday, October 14, 2022

Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Love Theme #8 - Love AND Animals

Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! We have made it to the weekend - do you have any fun plans? Scott has been working a lot of overtime so I am sure we will just enjoy a nice quiet weekend at home. 

It is time for a new challenge at Heart's Quest Challenge Blog today! The challenge this time around is to use the word "love" - or any variation of it - and add an animal to your project. Scrapbook layouts, traveler's notebooks, planners, journals, bookmarks, tags, ATCs, and cards are all acceptable formats.

Here is what I came up with for the challenge:


This is another photo of Ada that I took last week while our maple trees were looking so pretty. I had asked her if I could take her picture up by the pretty trees and she said, "Yes, I love to climb trees!" and she just climbed right up and struck a pose! This traveler's notebook spread will go in my 2022 52 Favorites TN.

I used papers that I had included in my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash October kit. I am so happy to be getting these papers used up! They have been floating around in my stash for far too long. I feel like I have been using them for my fall photos forever! It will be nice to break into the new Fall Fever collection before long! I just know if I start using the new stuff this old stuff will just keep setting in my stash, so it's better for me to challenge myself to use the old before starting with the new. And I still like the papers - even if I am a little tired of seeing them!

I based my layout on this older sketch from Sketches In Thyme (January 2022). I think it translated well into a traveler's notebook layout.


Here are a couple of close-ups:


When I saw this cute little squirrel in my kit, I knew I wanted to use him, either on a layout of Ada or on a card to her. The layout won out! It also serves as my title piece.


I had a hard time embellishing this layout. I felt like using the plaid paper for the background on the left side along with the cut-apart card just made it feel a bit busy and that anything that I tried to add to that side just got lost. I even kept the embellishing on the right side to the bare minimum - just a stamped circle that says "love you lots" (to satisfy the 'love' part of the challenge!), a heart, and a few enamel dots. 

Head on over to Heart's Quest Challenge Blog to read all about the challenge. I would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment