Monday, October 10, 2022

TN Time With Lisa & Lori October Challenge

Happy Monday! It is a gorgeous fall day today and I am soaking up every bit of this warm weather that I can!

I can't believe that it is already time for the October challenge for TN Time With Lisa & Lori! It seems like it has been forever since I have worked on my traveler's notebooks and it was great to have a reason to get back to them.

Here is how our challenge works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my October Challenge:


Add a stamp to your traveler's notebook layout, bullet journal, or planner. It can be something as simple as a date stamp or something more - just as long as you use a stamp. 

Here is Lisa's sketch:


This is what I came up with:


I took this photo of Ada just last week. Our maple trees are turning such a pretty red - which is quite surprising seeing as how it's been so dry lately - we weren't expecting to get good color this year. She was all for taking photos and I know from experience that I had better get photos with the pretty leaves when I can because they sure don't last long!

For this layout, I used my October Stash Bash kit. Everything - including the stamps that I used - came from my kit. I was able to use most of a full 12x12 paper and quite a few scraps on this layout. This layout is an out-of-pocket layout and is going into my 2022 traveler's notebook. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I stamped my title directly onto the background page. I always find that a little daunting to stamp directly onto my layout but I am glad that I did it. I really hope to use my stamps more, especially in my traveler's notebooks, and that means I need to get over my fear of stamping directly on my layout. The more I do it the more comfortable I'll be with it, right?!

I added a few die-cut leaves that were still on my desk from a previous project and a couple of ephemera pieces from my kit to finish out the cluster. 


I fussy cut the squirrel - Ada's favorite animal at the moment - and punched out the "so stinkin' cute" pieces from one of the paper scraps. I found the "I love fall" piece in my ephemera pack, as well, and added it to the cluster.


I had to get creative with this bottom border. I originally had a piece of the same orange paper that is on the left page down for my border and I had even used glue on the ends to secure it. Then I took a good look at it and saw that it was crooked. Sometimes when this happens I will just leave it alone - especially since I had already used glue - but it was too crooked for me to ignore. And, of course, when I tried pulling it up it tore the background paper in a couple of places. I had already used all of that orange paper and I was not about to go searching for another scrap or full sheet to use. I found this orange border sticker on the sticker sheet and decided to just use it. You could still see a couple of torn places on the paper that the sticker did not cover so I added a stamped phrase and a couple more die-cut leaves to hide those spots and I am happy with how this turned out!

Head on over to Lisa's beautiful blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her take on this month's challenge. We hope you have a chance to play along with us this month! I would love to see what you create!

Even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1. Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2. Create a new, not previously posted project.
3. You are welcome to combine it with other challenges.
4. If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5. You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6. You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lori! I tore the bottom of my spread to trying to remove a crooked strip! I ended up tearing the whole page out of the TN and starting with a new strip lol! Like yours mine was too crooked to ignore!! So much for late night crafting lol! I love your take on the sketch and love the stamped title, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and very similar to one (subject person!) made for HQCB!! The wood paneling cardstock gives this TN a more rustic autumn look which is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete