Friday, October 28, 2022

Wicked Cute - Heart's Quest Challenge Blog Color Heart #9

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. The plan around here is to have our family Halloween party! Pumpkin carving, maybe a weenie roast since we finally got rain this week, and who knows what else. One thing is certain - we are sure to have a good time as long as we are all together.

Today I am sharing my project for Heart's Quest Challenge Blog's Color Heart #9. This challenge is quite fitting with Halloween just a couple of days away. Color Heart #9 is to use at least one purple heart and one orange heart on your project. Of course, your project does not have to be Halloween related.

Your project can be a card, a scrapbook layout, a traveler's notebook layout, a tag, a bookmark, an ATC, a planner, or a bullet journal - any type of paper craft is acceptable.

I have chosen to do a traveler's notebook layout:


This layout is of Ada's puppy, Winnie, in her Halloween costume last year. It was probably the first and last costume that she will wear! She was not a fan of it at all. Abby said that it was a fight getting it on her and she only had it on long enough for Abby to get a picture of her and then she was fighting to get it off. Granted she was just a puppy last year so she may grow to like it eventually, but she was not having it last year!

For the challenge, I have added two sets of hearts to my layout - one orange heart and one purple heart to the left side of my layout and one orange heart and one purple heart to the right side of my layout.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I used Bella Blvd's Monsters & Friends collection for this layout. I bought the collection a couple of years ago when it first came out and I am just now dipping into it. It is so cute and I have no idea why it took me so long to tear into it, but now that I have, I will be using it to get some of those older Halloween photos scrapped.

I was a little stuck on how to get the title to stand out on the text paper. I finally decided to pull out my distress inks and blending brushes to add a little bit of color where I wanted my title to go. I really like how it turned out and I am sure I will be using this technique again soon.

I added a few die-cuts around the title. When I started hunting down witch die-cuts I could not find much in my stash.I did find the witches hat - which was perfect -  and just decided to go with other Halloween related pieces.


I kept the right page pretty simple since the photo and the journaling took up a lot of real estate. I just added a tab, ghost, and the two hearts above the photo and called it good.

Be sure to check out the Heart's Quest Challnge Blog for all of the information on the challenge. I would love it if you played along, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so stinking cute! Hope they try it this year. Love how you made the title stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout!!! It's just way too cute! This appeared in my Bloglovin' Daily Digest this morning!!!--which made me giddy! I've seen your layouts and cards before in the BDD but this is the first time I've seen a HQCB project. Congrats to you for your work getting recognized on a grander scale!

    ReplyDelete