Sunday, December 18, 2022

LM #630 - 2022 Favorites - Shape Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. Scott and I are still catching up on rest after having Miss Ada over. Our sleepovers are always jam-packed with fun and then we spend the next day or two "recovering" from it!

Today I am sharing a layout that I created for this week's Lasting Memories challenge. This week's challenge is a shape challenge and we are to feature one of the four shapes provided on our layout. The choices are triangles, hexagons, circles, or hearts. I chose hearts and this is what I came up with:


It seems like it has been ages since I created a traveler's notebook layout so I pulled out my 2018 Favorites of Ada notebook for this challenge. I started out my layout with a big heart that spans across both pages. It probably could have been a touch bigger but I didn't want it to overwhelm my photos, either. I also stamped a few hearts around my layout - so there are hearts aplenty!

I snapped these photos of Ada one morning back when she was not quite five. She had asked to use my stamps and she was so good with them! She listened to what I told her about cleaning them each time before changing colors, and she filled up a couple of papers with cute stamped images in no time at all. We spent many mornings at the kitchen table crafting and having fun together. Such great memories!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I found some crafty-related stickers in my stash and used what I could on this layout. I kept it pretty simple and I love how it turned out. 


I love this long title. I had originally planned on using a different font and color for the words heart and happy, but I didn't really care for it, so I opted to use all the same type.

I believe it is time to break down this traveler's notebook and add the pages to a life-crafted album! I started this notebook back in the day - before I knew how chunky these little guys can get.


It's not too terrible yet, but I know that there is no way that it is going to hold what I have left to do!

Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the lovely layouts from the rest of the design team. It feels so good to finally get to play along again. Sometimes being the DT coordinator and making sure that everything is ready to go makes it hard for me to play along as much as I would like. I think I am going to make it a goal to play along more in the new year. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment