Sunday, October 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash October Kit Challenge

 


Hello, everyone! Happy October 1st! October. Where in the world did September go? I swear it just started and here we are in October. And it doesn't help that the weather still feels like we are in the middle of August!

Anyway, it is time for the Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash October Kit Challenge! If you don't know what Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is all about - here is how it works - On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects.  This year we have added a bashket challenge to our kit challenge. Every month we pick 10 items that we want to get used up this year in a basket. We try to use as many of those items as we can during the month. If we don't use them all then those items stay in the basket and at the beginning of the next month, 10 more items are added. The object of the challenge is to try to keep your basket from overflowing - which I am doing terribly because my basket is pretty close to overflowing right now!

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. 

Here is the "recipe" for October:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers, and our focus item for October which is ephemera. Remember to pick your 10 items for your bashket!

Here is my kit for October:


You would think with it being October that I would have gone with a fall-themed kit. I blame it on the weather still feeling like summer - I just wasn't in the mood to scrap fall when I was pulling my kit! 

My kit consists of Simple Stories' Full Bloom and Photo Play's Fern & Willard collections. 

Here is a look at the papers:


The back row is all Fern & Willard, except for the solid pink paper and the green paper, they are from Echo Park. The front row is all Full Bloom, except the for blue cardstock, which is from Close To My Heart. 


I'm planning on making some pages of the doggies this month, so I pulled embellishments from Simple Stories' Pet Shoppe collections. I also added the sticker sheet from Fern & Willard.

Here are the scraps that I pulled for this month:


Our focus item for October is ephemera and this is what I added to my kit:


I was smart and instead of pulling all new ephemera, I pulled the ephemera pieces that I have added to my bashket over the last several months to see if I could get some more of it used up and the pieces to the right I came across while I was looking for bashket items. I have a couple of little candy dishes scattered about my room that are full of ephemera pieces, stickers, and cut apart pieces that were not used and not put away. I pulled out the pieces I thought I might use this month and added them to my kit. 

Here are my 10 bashket items for October:


1 - chipboard alphas from Studio G

2 - crocheted flowers

3 - label stickers

4 - wood pieces from Elles Studio

5 - candy puffy stickers

6 - puffy heart stickers from My Mind's Eye

7 - Rub-ons from Deja Views from 2004. I have no idea if they will even work, but I'll give them a try!

8 - Doodlebug Halloween stickers from an old kit from The ScrapRoom

9 - Puffy stickers from Amy Tangerine (I see that I really need to use puffy stickers more!)

10 - label stickers from Pink Paislee from 2014

A lot of these bashket items could be used with my kit this month - which I really hope to do! Maybe that will keep my bashket from overflowing.

That is it! Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has created for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. What a fun kit Lori! I know it's so hard to get in the Fall mood when it is so hot! I can't wait to see what you create with this amazing kit!

    ReplyDelete