Monday, May 1, 2017

Sketch N Scrap #128

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my reveal for The Memory Nest, please scroll down or go here.

Today is the first day of May - can you believe that? - and that means a new sketch is up at Sketch N Scrap. Lisa has created a great multi-photo sketch to start us off this month:




For this layout I have used Elle's Studio - Live, Laugh, Love collection. I love every single piece of this collection, and I am sure you will be seeing more of it in the upcoming weeks!

So, I stepped out of my comfort zone on this layout and used patterned paper for my background, and that was hard for me! I am so used to using white cardstock, and this felt so busy to me, but I kept going, and I really like the way that it turned out. I am definitely going to try to use patterned paper backgrounds more!

I used a variety of stamps on this layout, all from different Elle's Studio stamp sets, with the exception of the "hello" stamp, it is from Simple Stories. I die cut a lot of different hearts to add to the layout, and mixed in a few of the puffy heart stickers. I love those puffy hearts, but they do have a smell to them!

I plan to journal in the little box at the top, but I need to get with Abby to find out the exact details since these photos are from her.

Stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We have a ton of fun things planned this month for our 5th Birthday Bash, so be sure to stay tuned! I will keep you all posted here on my blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

5 comments:

  1. She's adorable and love your take on the sketch! Really sweet with those rows of hearts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome! These papers are so perfect for your photos! I really like that background paper, I always struggle to use the more bold papers myself so I will have to give it a try as a background soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome! These papers are so perfect for your photos! I really like that background paper, I always struggle to use the more bold papers myself so I will have to give it a try as a background soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful layout and she is just so cute! Perfect papers and embellishments for the layout!

    ReplyDelete