Monday, October 23, 2017

Stick It Down October Card Reveal

Hello, hello! Good Monday morning to you! I hope that you are ready for a new week. This will be a short week since it's parent/teacher conference time. That day off on Friday will be nice!

Today is the full card design team reveal at Stick It Down. Here is a reminder of the card sketch that was posted on the first:



It's always a struggle to photograph gold glitter - or gold embossing - or gold anything really! For my card, I had this "Believe" wood veneer word in my stash and I decided to add gold glitter embossing powder to the bottom half. I taped off the top half with washi tape and went to work and it actually worked out really well. Since you can't see it all that well in the above photo, here is a better look at it:


I wanted just a little more color, so I added the red scalloped border for it to sit on.

I love the way this turned out and I may just have to keep this card and add it to my December Daily instead of giving it away!

Head on over to Stick It Down to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lori, I love your take on this month's sketch. The gold is so lively!! I love the red dotted scalloped border underneath it, too! This card is stunning.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete