Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge February Mini Kit

Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday! It's mini-kit day at Counterfeit Kit Challenges and I am here to share my mini with you.

Here's a look at the inspiration kit that Julene has picked for us this month. You can read all about it on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog here.


This kit is filled with lots of nature elements - butterflies, birds, feathers, etc - which is something I don't have a lot of in my stash, so I based my kit off of the colors and the vintage vibe of the inspiration kit.

Here is what I came up with:


The striped piece of paper in the inspiration kit is the first thing that I noticed - mostly because I knew I had a piece of paper very similar to it. Then, when I went looking through my supplies I couldn't find it, but I did find a green stripe that was a good match to the colors in the kit and that is what I built my kit around. Most of the papers are from older My Mind's Eye collections. The light green paper is from Crate Paper, solid cream is from Bo Bunny, and the cream newsprint is from Close To My Heart.

I pulled any die cut pieces that had that vintage feel to it. I even found a butterfly and bird! I didn't end up using them on this layout, but I have enough left over that I think I can get another layout made of it.

Here is my layout:


My aunt had printed off this photo of my grandmother several years ago and I thought it was the perfect match for these papers. I just love seeing this photo of her when she was 20! I'm not sure if she and my grandpa were married yet but I have left enough space on the label to add if they were.

I left off a title for now, mostly because I didn't have anything that I felt like was a good match alphabet wise. I will keep my eyes peeled for a good set of stickers or stamps and I may add a title later on.

Here is a close-up of the embellishment cluster:


So, how about you? Did you put together a full kit or is a mini kit the way to go for you this month? We would love to see your kit so be sure to link up over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog or share with us on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook page or on Instagram.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lori and definitely a close match to the original kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paper and elements for this vintage photo! It's such a great pic of you grandma! I love old photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori: Your layout of your grandma is precious and certainly an important keepsake for your family to treasure! Your selections fit the mood of the inspiration kit really well. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely mini kit and a great vintage page. The original kit really was perfect for this type of scrapping. Sorry I'm so late commenting!

    ReplyDelete