Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Studio Challenges - Scraplift

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend!

I am so excited to be sharing my first layout as a member of the design team for The Studio Challenges with you today! Our challenge this week is a scraplift challenge. We are to scraplift a design team member's layout that they have made for one of the past challenges on The Studio Challenges blog.

I chose this layout that Lisa-Marie created for the October 23, 2018 challenge:

Lisa-Marie Oct. 23, 2018
I really love Lisa-Marie's style - all of the layers that she puts behind her photos, not necessarily having a big title on her layouts, and they always have such a fun feel to them, so I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Here is what I came up with:


Lisa-Marie's layout has a stenciled background...I love the look of this, but me and mixed media just do not go together too well! I did, however, do the "smooshing" technique on my background paper and then started building my layers to go behind my photo.

I even took inspiration from the colors that Lisa-Marie used - they are my favorites to work with! I used Elle's Studio 6x6 papers from various collections for my layers. I then started adding circles and die cuts between those layers - which I really had never thought of doing before this scraplift!

Here is a close-up of all of the layers with the goodies tucked in here and there:


This is one of my favorite photos of Ada this year. I had told her that it had been a while since I had taken a picture of her and she just looked too cute when I snapped this picture! No story behind it, just a super cute photo of my cute girly! 

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the scraplifts from the rest of the design team. I hope to see you playing along with us. There are a lot of great layouts to scraplift!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment