Wednesday, February 6, 2019

We Call Her "Ixie" - Southern Girls Challenge

Hello, everyone! I hope that you have had a good week so far!

It's time for a new challenge at Southern Girls Challenge! Team Lou is up with their takes on our theme -  "Animal Antics". We would like to see your project have something to do with animals.

Here is the layout I created about our "part-time" dog - Ixie:


I kept my layout pretty simple - I wanted to focus more on that cute little doggie! Here is a close-up of the embellishments that I made:


I have quite a bit of journaling and I haven't decided if I want to hide my journaling behind my photo or if I will just write out the story on the back of the layout.

The story behind "Ixie" - she was a little dog that lived at the house across the road from us. Ixie took a liking to us and would come over to our house every chance she got. She loved playing with the kids and with our little dog - Willie.  The minute her owners let her out of a morning, she would head to our house and stay all day. She and Willie would go on great adventures and she loved going for walks with us in the field behind our house.

One day Scott was talking to one of her owners and thought she said the dog's name was Trixie, or Dixie, or Pixie, he wasn't sure, so we just started calling her "Ixie"! And she would come to us every time!

A couple of years later Ixie's owner decided to move to town. Ixie somehow found her way back out to our house. I don't know where she was when she got away from her owner, we live 10 miles out of town, but she somehow found her way back out here to our house. She stayed around for a day or two until her owner's daughter came back out to look for her. While we were talking to the daughter, we found out that Ixie's name was actually Daisy! I don't know how Scott confused the two names, but she will always be remembered as Ixie to us!

Head on over to Southern Girls Challenge to see the creations from the rest of the design team. We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge - Newton's Nook and Lacy Sunshine Stamps. Be sure to stop by their sites and check them out, as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Great LO, and that's such a fun story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is hilarious! What a cute dog! I can't believe she came all the way back to your place, she must really love you guys! Love your layout, the kraft and red look so good together!

    ReplyDelete