Sunday, February 3, 2019

LM # 432 - Black + White + Blue

Hello, everyone! Good Superbowl Sunday morning to you! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Are you ready for the Superbowl? I'm sure we will have it on, but I'm not sure how much I will actually watch.

It's time for a new theme and a new set of challenges at Lasting Memories today. Denise is our hostess this month and will be providing our challenges for us.  The theme for February is - Black + White + one other color and our first challenge is - Black + White + Blue.

Here is what I came up with for the challenge:


For my layout, I pulled a black and white dot paper from my Bella Blvd drawer and then picked several blue papers from my Elle's Studio stash - since they were a good match to my photo. I also pulled quite a few die cuts and stickers from Elle's Studio for my embellishments.

Here is a close-up of my embellishment cluster:


Now, the story behind the photo - Abby and Shawn took Ada to the fair and while they were there they got Ada's face painted. Ada chose a dolphin and the guy that was painting her face told her she was the "Dolphin Princess" - which Ada thought was pretty cool -and true! She did not want to wash it off and she was still sportin' it when she came over for Pops' birthday three days later! My journaling is on the tag behind the photo.

I don't make too many layouts like this - using black, white, and one other color -but it was fun working with a limited color palette and that made it pretty quick and easy for me to decide on what papers to use - which is what I usually spend the most time doing when I work on a layout.

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the beautiful black, white, and blue layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Really sweet face painting photo! Wonderful work using all those blues, Lori and love the polka dot background! :)

    ReplyDelete