Sunday, September 1, 2019

Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand - Sketch N Scrap #184

Hello, again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal and blog hop, please scroll on down.

Sketch N Scrap has a great new sketch to start off September. Lisa has created a fun one photo sketch, but you could always change it up and add another photo. Here's a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


I got the idea for this layout from a Youtube video that I saw recently.  The talented Becky Bitting posted a process video a while back for a layout about her granddaughter in her car seat and had titled it "Let's blow this popsicle stand" and I immediately thought of this photo of Ada and I knew I would be using the same title.

Ada used to love to play in her car seat. If I left it on the floor she was constantly crawling into it and just setting and playing. Some mornings she just wasn't ready to get out of it, either. I just love that she has her little toy keys in her hand and it really looks like she is ready to go!

I've used my September Counterfeit Kit that I posted earlier today. These papers were part of my "girly" kit and I thought they would go well with this photo. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I just love this little rubber popsicle piece! It was a paper clip that I had received in one of my swag bags from Paper Issues back last year - I think. I used my craft knife to cut it off of the paper clip and to use it for an embellishment. Chances are if I had left it as a paper clip I would never have used it.  



On my layout I have added three little banner pieces in the lower right hand corner. They were not called for on the sketch but I had a mishap with my date stamp. I thought I could fix it but I wound up making it worse. If I'd just left it alone I would have been all right! I needed some way to cover up my boo-boo,  so a few banner pieces did the trick!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on this sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Darn date stamps lol! I had a similar mishap in my bible journaling spread and had to move an embellishment over to cover it up!! I have sworn off date stamps for awhile now!! This is the most adorable layout! I just adore that title and it is SOOO perfect for your sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweetie. Love the popsicle border.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable - love, love the mix of papers here.

    ReplyDelete