Sunday, September 8, 2019

Queen Poppy - The Studio Challenges - Chevron Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you're having a good weekend. After a few cool days, it is back to feeling like the middle of summer around here. 

It's going to be a busy day here on my blog, so let's get started.

The Studio Challenges has a new challenge today and for this challenge we want you to create a layout with chevrons on it.

Chevrons have always been one of my favorite patterns but it's been a while since I used chevron pattern paper on a layout so it was fun to work with them again.

Here is what I came up with:


Even though I love chevrons, they can be a little on the busy side for me, so I like to use them in small doses. I cut the chevron paper at 5 1/2 inches and ran a narrow piece of washi tape along the edge. I fussy cut all of the flowers from a piece of patterned paper to cluster up at the bottom left of the photo and the top right. Everything on this layout came from my September Counterfeit Kit.

About the photo - Ada and I were shopping one day and she caught sight of these Poppy sunglasses and thought that she needed them. Of course, when she tried them on and looked so cute, I thought she needed them, too! I've never watched the Trolls movie to know much about Poppy but when I looked up a description of Poppy it said she is the happiest troll ever, and I thought, yep, that sounds just like Ada. Not so much the troll part but she is the happiest kid ever!

Here are a couple of close-ups:

 


It took a while to fussy cut all of those flowers but it was totally worth it! I love how this layout turned out!

Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges to see the beautiful creations from the rest of the design team. I hope you're able to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back in a bit with another layout to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment