Sunday, September 8, 2019

Kindergarten - Scrap Our Stash Saturday Cartoon Sketch Challenge

I am back with my third post of the day! If you are looking for my reveal for The Studio Challenges, or for Lasting Memories, please scroll on down.

I am back to share my take on the Scrap Our Stash Saturday Cartoon Sketch Challenge. This month our inspiration cartoon is School House Rock, and with Ada just starting school you know I have to make a school layout! Along with the sketch we have the added challenge to include and educational symbol (such as a pen, paperclip, apple, books, etc.) on our layouts.


Here is my take on the challenge:


I've used Doodlebug Designs new 'School Days' collection for my layout. It is going to be the perfect collection for all of Ada's school activity pictures! I haven't added any journaling to this layout yet. If I do I will add a tag behind one of the photos. 

This was Ada's first day of kindergarten. She looks so nervous in the last two photos! It's been a big change for her but I do think she likes it so far!

To satisfy the added challenge of using an educational symbol, I have used a schoolgirl, pencil, paper, apple, and crayon die cuts. The title piece I have had in my stash for maybe 15 years! I got it at my sister's scrapbook store when she had it back in 2003 and 2004. It was one of the first "laser die cuts" that came out on the market. I have a whole collection of these still and it felt good to get at least one of them used!

Here are a couple of close-ups:




I did add a little bit of foam tape under some of the die cuts for a little extra dimension and interest.

Another layout that I love and the first of many that are sure to go into Ada's school album!

Head on over to Scrap Our Stash to see the fabulous layouts from the rest of the design team!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment