Sunday, September 15, 2019

Selfies With Pops - Sketch N Scrap #185

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! Can you believe it is already the middle of September?! The holidays will be here before we know it!

The middle of the month means it's time for a new sketch at Sketch N Scrap. Heather has created a fun sketch for us to work with:


Last Friday was Grandparent's Day at Ada's school. Our situation with Shane being what it is and someone needing to be with him at all times, we knew only Pops or I would be able to go and the other would need to stay with Shane. We gave Ada her choice and it was no surprise that she wanted Pops to be the one to come! Scott promised he would take lots of photos that afternoon, and guys did he deliver! He took so many good photos for me - I felt like I was there! The photos on this layout are two of my favorites:


The first selfie that they took they were all smiles and Ada said it looked silly, so Pops said they would make a grumpy face and she thought that was pretty funny! I think that both photos are adorable!

For my layout, I veered a little way away from the sketch. I completely ignored the circles and size of the photos, but I do think you can see the sketch!

Everything on this layout came from my September Counterfeit Kit except the ribbon, puffy hearts, and the small black letter stickers. The background paper with all the little text bubbles is the backside of one of the papers in my kit. I love having everything already together and ready to go when I sit down to scrap. I mean, these photos hadn't even been taken when I made up my kit, which leads me to a whole other point...

Since I have been scrapping I have always felt like everything needs to match - the colors in the photos should match the colors of the papers, etc. Since watching Janet at RTS Scrapbooking, I have been learning to let go of the need to have everything match and go with the mood and feel instead. Sometimes it even works out that I get my cake and eat it, too, with color matching and mood and feel. 

Take this layout for example. I had picked out a dark red to match Ada's shirt, a yellow paper, and a graph paper. It matched beautifully and it would have worked fine, but it definitely wasn't the mood and feel of a fun day for Ada and Pops. When I went back through my 'girly' papers in my kit, I came across this one with the text bubbles and knew it was going to be just what I wanted for this layout - and I LOVE how it turned out!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I fussy cut the little word bubbles from the background paper and added a wood veneer camera for this fun little cluster. 


I included a couple of tags for my journaling. I know I have quite a bit I want to document about this and I thought the tags were the perfect solution. And I love the addition of the ribbon! I haven't used ribbon in ages!

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I can't wait to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Lori! I just love the mix of patterns, that speech bubble paper really does add so much to the layout! I never noticed until I saw these pictures how much Ada looks like your hubby! WOW! Adorable pictures and so glad you were able to feel like you were there with all the pictures he took, he's definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special! Pops did good getting you pictures:) Love all your papers you used!

    ReplyDelete