Thursday, September 12, 2019

Matt's Amazing Spiderman Collection - Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday!

It's time for the first challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge today.

Here's a reminder of this month's inspiration kit:


For our first challenge of the month, we want you to "curate" your own project.

As you know, we are working with a curated kit this month which is rather exciting. When you look up the meaning "to curate" in the dictionary, this is the definition you will find:

verb (used with object), cu·rat·ed, cu·rat·ing.

to take charge of (a museum) or organize (an art exhibit)
to pull together, sift through, and select for presentation, as music or 
 website content

Lisa says, " I love the idea of pulling together some sort of exhibit or collection - after all, isn't that what we do with our memories all the time in this wonderful hobby of ours?"

This challenge was just the push I needed to get these photos of Matt showing off his Spiderman collection scrapped. Here is what I came up with:


Yep, these photos have been floating around my scrap room for the last 17 years and have not been scrapped. And they are so cute! Why in the world did I wait so long?! Probably because I was waiting for just the right paper or embellishment that just hadn't come along! Whatever the case may be, I'm glad now that I waited because they were just what I needed for this challenge!

Matt was so obsessed with Spiderman when he was little. Heck, he still loves to go see the movies as soon as they come out now! This shirt that he has on was by far his favorite and whenever it was clean - he was sure to have it on. He even had Spiderman sandals that he wore all summer long.

He had collected quite a few of the figures, books, the video game, and a movie. I guess I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of his collection. I am so glad I did! I know we will probably always remember how much he loved Spiderman when he was little, but it'll be fun to look back at the toys and the books to see what he had.

Everything on my layout came from my September kit - except for the small red alpha letters. I did pull those from my stash. All of the papers - except the background - were all from the scraps the I included with my kit, and the striped paper is the only one that has anything left of it. It always feels so good to get some scraps completely used up!

Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the other design team members took on this challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you took a picture of the shoes. Such a sweet layout.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete