Thursday, September 26, 2019

My Funny Valentine - TN Time With Lisa & Lori Midway Inspiration

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! I thought I would pop in here really quickly and share another TN layout that I created using mine and Lisa's - TN Time With Lisa & Lori's September challenge today.

Here's a reminder of my challenge:


Pick 3 items from the list below and include them on your spread. 
You can use more than 3 items from the list and you can use other items not on the list but your spread must have 3 of the following items on it:

1. heart(s)
2. die cuts/ephemera
3. tag(s)
4. banner(s)
5. flower(s)
6. labels
7. polka dots
8. stamps
9. washi tape

Here is Lisa's sketch for the challenge:


For my part of the challenge I have used: die cuts, hearts, stamps, polka dots, a label, a tag, and banners. I almost got everything on the list on my spread!


I am back to working in my 52 Week Favorites. I have several weeks that I need to go back and fill in since I have skipped around. I would really like to be somewhat caught up by the end of the year so I can start again in 2020 without feeling like I am too far behind.

This spread is for Week 7 - which happened to be the week of Valentine's Day. I had several pictures that would have been perfect for this week but this one won out! (You'll be seeing the others in my February 2019 eventually!)

Yes, that is a photo of Taco Bell sauce packets! What can I say, we go all out for Valentine's Day dinner! But seriously, tacos is what Shane wanted for supper that night and as long as I wasn't cooking I didn't care what we were eating! When I was unwrapping my food these two sauce packs fell out. I don't add hot sauce to my food so I just tossed them aside. I was trying to figure out how and why they were wrapped up with my food. Scott just started laughing and when I realized what he was laughing about I had to laugh, too. He had taken a marker and wrote on one of the packets "you're" and drew an arrow to the word "hot" and then searched out another packet that said, "Burning for you" and stuck them in my food for his valentine to me. After 29 years of marriage it's nice to know that he still thinks I'm "hot" and I still don't ever know what to expect from him! True love at its finest! We both got a good laugh out of it.

Here's a close-up showing my stamped label and all of the smaller red hearts that I stamped, which was a little tricky with bumpy pages underneath:


Since my TN is getting pretty fat and I still have several spreads to add to it, I tried to keep the bulk down on this spread and just use the white background instead of adding full patterned paper to it.

I included a tag in case I want to go ahead and add the whole story to this spread. It will also be in my Project Life album so I may just tell the whole story there. The journaling on here says: When you've been married for 29 years this is as good as it gets for Valentine's Day! It is nice to know that he still thinks I'm hot!! I love this sweet valentine!

There's still time to play along with our challenge - I would love to see what you create with it! You can read all of the rules here and you link up your creations here

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story and memory for your LO!!! Great interpretation of the sketch and getting almost all of your elements from your aspect of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete