Monday, January 6, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Mini (?) Kit Reveal

Hello everyone! Good Monday morning to you! I hope that you had a good weekend and are all ready for the new week. I'm hoping maybe now I will get back on track after the holidays! Hubby was home for 17 days and we lost all track of time!

I was on mini-kit duty this month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge and today is reveal day! Here's a look at the gorgeous inspiration kit from Citrus Twist Kits for January:


Holy moly is that a gorgeous Christmas kit or what! My mini kit is pretty mega for a mini, BUT...I do plan on working on my December Daily/Document December/whatever I'm going to call my December album this year! And I need to work in my 52 Favorites TN for holidays, so I needed a little more than a paper or two! And compared to most December Daily kits that I've seen...well, this is a mini kit!

Here's a look at my kit:


My kit is full of Elle's Studio Christmas goodies from 2018. I didn't buy anything new for a December Daily this year because I knew I had this collection and hadn't even touched it. So here's to getting it used up this month!

I pulled what 6x8 papers that I had - a total of 7, a few of the 6x6 papers, alphas, stickers and die cuts, puffy stickers, wood veneer, tags, 4x6 and 3x4 journaling cards, and a couple of stamp sets. I also added in 3 - 12x12 papers and some gold trim.

I'm still not completely sure if I will do a TN size for my Documenting December or if I'll keep with 6x8 pocket pages...I love my TN size, but there is just something about the pocket pages that I love for this project. Maybe I'll do a mix of both...stay tuned this month to see what I come up with!

Here's my first project from my kit - a spread for my 52 Favorites TN for Week 50 of the ornaments that Abby and Ada made for us this year:


Aren't those ornaments just the cutest?! Abby said Ada did all of the painting on the clothespin snowmen and I think she did a fantastic job on them! These ornaments are, by far, my favorites that were added to our tree this year!

Here are a couple of close-up photos:



I was afraid that I might need a bit more to finish out my complete project so I made up an add-on kit. This add-on is made up of some scraps, more alpha stickers, more 6x6 papers, and more stamps. This will surely get me through my Documenting December album!


Even though it looks like a mega kit - it all fits in this 9x12 box nicely - with the exception of the 12x12 papers, of course!


Scrapping this much Christmas in January will be something new for me, I'm usually over scrapping Christmas when January rolls around, but this kit has me excited to get my December memories scrapped while they are still (relatively) fresh in my mind!

Head on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the mini-kit and project that Clair has put together this month. Stay tuned throughout the month to see how much I can get done!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Mini kit :) So hard to do a mini with that cute inspiration. So glad I'm not the only one doing a Dec Daily this month over a Counterfeit Kit challenge :) We can cheer each other on :) for my I'm doing the 6X8 pocket pages :)

    ReplyDelete