Tuesday, January 21, 2020

What An Artist - Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope that your week is off to a good start! We got a tiny bit of snow yesterday and have more wintery weather in the forecast for the end of the week. It looks like winter is really here.

Today I am sharing my take on the Scrap Our Stash sketch challenge for this month. Along with the awesome sketch, we are also challenged to use chevron patterned paper and something gold. Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


The chevron pattern has always been a favorite of mine but I have noticed that it hasn't been in a lot of the newer collections. I guess I'd better enjoy what I've got stashed away until it comes back in style! I found this chevron piece in an old collection (2013) from Pebbles - From Me To You - and thought it paired well with these photos of Ada. I loved the bright, cheerful colors in the chevron paper and the greens went pretty well with Ada's Oogie Boogie creation.

I'm not generally a fan of adding my title straight on top of a busy patterned paper like this - I feel it kind of gets lost on there - and when I see this photo it makes me think I need to go do something different with it, but when looking at it in person, it really shows up better than it appears in the photos so I am letting go and leaving it alone!

About the photos - Ada loves to draw. She is constantly asking for paper and getting her markers and crayons and drawing a picture or two every time she is at our house. Over the summer she started watching "how to draw" videos on Youtube and would follow along with them. On this day she decided to draw Oogie Boogie from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" - maybe because he is in the Kingdom Hearts video games and she likes to watch Uncle Matt play those when he comes down. Maybe they had watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas"...who knows, but he was the chosen one on this day. I could not believe how well she had done! I think he's pretty much the cutest villain I have ever seen!

I did add my journaling to the tag that is tucked in behind the photos on the upper left side. It says - Ada had been watching "how to draw" videos & drawing along with them. She is becoming quite the artist & has drawn some really cute pictures. I think this drawing of Oogie Boogie is pretty much perfect! I hope she continues to draw because the girl's got talent! Oct. 14, 2019.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I picked the "From Me To You" paper pad up at Tuesday Morning a few years ago and I did not have any embellishments that go with it. I'm not much of a themed scrapper - at least when it comes to things like art supplies or being crafty - I generally just tend to embellish with generic - go-with-everything embellishments, so my options were pretty limited for this page. I did find this watercolor set and the colored pencils in my Amy Tangerine sticker book, and #1 - I needed to add some gold to my layout, and #2 - I really don't know when I would really use these stickers again, so I went with them. I also added in a few puffy gold hearts. 


Head on over to Scrap Our Stash for more inspiration from the design team.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment