Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Birthday Princess -The ScrapRoom - Mixing up the Kits

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Scrap Our Stash reveal, please scroll on down to the next post. 

Today I am on The ScrapRoom's blog sharing the layout that I created for the Mixing up the Kits segment. The ScrapRoom offers so many great add-on kits each month that coordinate with their main kits. The layout that I am sharing with you today features products from the Jan/Feb Shots of Life Kit, the patterned paper add-on kit, and the embellishment kit which you can see below:

Jan/Feb Shots of Life Kit

Jan. Embellishment Add-on Kit

Jan. Patterned Paper Add-on Kit

For my project, I have created a traditional 12x12 mixed with a pocket page layout of Ada's 5th birthday. This is a great way to include more photos of an event. Here's a look at both pages together:


I used the Pebbles Cake Day cut apart sheet and sticker sheet from the Shots of Life kit, the Pebbles Balloon Bouquet and Birth-Yay papers and the Simple Stories DIY Queen and 2x2 elements paper from the patterned paper add-on kit, and the Pebbles puffy dots and Simple Stories sticker sheet from the embellishment add-on kit on my layout.

The colors in the Pebbles collection and the Simple Stories collection were so similar that I paired them together for this spread. I did pull a couple of things from my stash - gold metallic paper, a star die, string, and gold spray.

Here's a look at the left-hand side of the spread:


The tags are just for show on this layout. All of my journaling will be hidden under one of the photos on the pocket page - more out of necessity than wanting to keep things hidden! I needed a way to add a couple more photos and have my journaling on there, so I created a flip-up for the bottom right-hand pocket. Here's a better look at the pocket page:


And a couple of close-ups:




I still haven't added my journaling to this spread yet. I have been going back and forth on what I want to include. This is a bittersweet memory for me, for sure. It was a day that I had looked forward to - celebrating Ada's 5th birthday with her and the rest of the family - but Shane was not in the celebrating mood. We ended up having to leave about 10 minutes after we got to the party because Shane had a major meltdown. It's hard sometimes being the mo
m of a special needs child and having to make the hard decision to leave an event for the safety of your child and everyone around you, and knowing that you will be missing out on a special occasion for another loved one. Thankfully, Abby and my sister took lots of photos for me and I was there in spirit! I think I will just keep the journaling on this layout all about Ada and her party and maybe just include the story of why weren't able to stay in my weekly Project Life album. What would you do?

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom blog for more inspiration using the January kits.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment