Monday, July 20, 2020

Happy 4th of July - The ScrapRoom Shots of Life Kit

Hello, hello! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you had a good weekend. It's been super hot around here and we spent the weekend at home enjoying the air conditioning!

Today I am sharing a pocket page spread using the July portion of The ScrapRoom's Shots of Life kit. This kit is filled with so many fun cut apart cards that I can't get them all used up fast enough!

The ScrapRoom July/August Shots of Life Kit

 For my spread, I used the Doodlebug - Land That I Love cut apart cards and the Doodlepops that came in the kit to document our 4th of July holiday last year. Here's a look at the complete spread:


There were so many cute cards on the cut apart sheet and between using the cards that I wanted as filler cards and using the striped backside for the rest, I only have one little scrap of paper left that I added to my FOTM kit in case I need it.  

Here's a closer look at the left side of the spread:


And now a few close-ups:


I started off with my title card - adding one of the 3x4 cut apart cards to a white 4x6 card and adding that cute little Doodlepop to the side. Last year the 4th fell on a Thursday and Abby, Shawn, and Ada had made plans to spend the holiday with Shawn's dad so we decided to celebrate on Saturday when everyone could be here. Scott, Shane, and I just hung out at home most of the day - only going to town to buy fireworks for the weekend and Taco Bell for supper! Scott did make sure to go out early and put our little flags out in the wishing well.


We took our annual 4th of July family photo and Scott was spoiled with an early birthday present from Abby and Shawn. I had 3 photos I wanted to include of him opening his present so I used a flip-flap pocket and then will fill in all of the details of it on the journaling card beside the photos. 


To finish up the left page, I added a photo of Ada and the guys playing Wiffle ball and then Shawn and Scott doing a little target shooting with Scott's birthday present.  I tried to use circles, labels, banners, word stickers, and enamel hearts throughout the spread to tie it all together. 

Here's a look at the right side of the spread - lots of pool time and fireworks!


Here's a close-up of the left part of the page:


The top photo shows the kids running around the inside edge of the pool creating a whirlpool which Ada would get pulled into on her floatie. They even got it moving fast enough that it caught Shane up in it a time or two. Then the other photos are of Ada with a sparkler and hunting lightning bugs - trying to pass the time until it got dark enough for fireworks.

The right-hand side of the page starts with a photo of Shawn catapulting Ada off of the boogie board. The first time took us all by surprise with how well it worked, and of course, Ada wanted to keep doing it over and over and over!

Shane was all too ready to get the fireworks started! He found his seat and sat there until the last firework went off. 


I always like to include a photo of the fireworks that we got. Last year we about waited too long and wasn't able to get the package we normally get, so we had to pick and choose a few. It turned out to be a good assortment!

That's it for today! Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom blog where you can find inspiration using the monthly kits just about every day of the week!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day! 



1 comment:

  1. Love these pocket pages! You always rock the red, white & blue

    ReplyDelete