Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Ada The Brave - Scrap Our Stash - What's My Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Hump Day! We have made it to the middle of the week and it has seemed like a long week already with it being the first one back after hubby had a two week vacation!

Today I am sharing my layout for Scrap Our Stash's - What's My Challenge - for July. This month the challenge is to pick a word from the graphic below and use it on your layout. You must also add a stash item that starts with each letter of the word you picked. Here's a look at the graphic:


There are so many great words to choose from and I chose the word...brave.


I actually did a double page spread for my layout! When I first started scrapping double page layouts were all I made and now that it seems I don't take as many photos, well, I can usually get all of the photos I want to use on a single layout. I did have all of these photos (and many more!) of the first time that Ada got up the courage to jump into the pool from the pool deck. She was only 3 1/2 years old and Pops was right there in the water, ready for her if she needed help, and she jumped right in like a boss! We started calling her Ada the Brave and that was what she was called the rest of the summer of 2017. Even now when she does something that takes a little extra courage she is called Ada the Brave. 

For the extra challenge to use a stash item for every letter of the word I chose, I used - B - the color blue, R - roller date and phrase stamp and there is a bit of red in the words on one of the patterned papers, A - arrow and acrylic heart, V - vellum, E - enamel hearts.

Here is a better look at the left side of the layout:


Since there was a lot of empty water space in the photos I added my title directly to them.

And the right side:


I loved this "Brave looks like this" stamp set from Ali Edwards and knew that I would be using it as an embellishment for my layout. 


Be sure to check out Scrap Our Stash to see the fun layouts from the rest of the design team. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment