Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Dude - You're Totally Awesome - Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope that your week is off to a good start. We have a small chance of rain today and I am hopeful that we get a little. With all of the heat we have been having things are starting to really dry up.

Today I am sharing my take on the July sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Along with the sketch challenge there is an added challenge to use star patterned paper and star embellishments on your layout. Here's a look at this month's sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


I absolutely love this Bro & Co collection from Simple Stories! I knew when it first came out that I would have to be getting it and I have already used it for a couple of layouts and I have a few more ideas for layouts to come.

To satisfy the added challenge to use stars, I have used a star patterned paper for one of my layers and for a border at the top and bottom of my layout, and I have used a few of the foam stars and stars from the sticker sheet as my embellishments. 

 I plan to add a bit of journaling to the stacked labels in the upper left hand corner. 

This photo is a favorite of mine of Shane. We had been to town to do a little shopping and were on our way home. That hint of a smile on his face lets me know that he had had a fun day out shopping!


When I saw this die cut piece I knew it had to go on a Shane layout!  As long as he has food - tacos and pizza are preferred - wifi (he has to have his Youtube going all - the - time!) - and his bed...well, at least for the few hours that he does sleep - he is one happy camper!

 Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on this sketch challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment