Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #173

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope all of you in the USA had a happy 4th of July. All of the kids were over and we had such a fun day. 

It's time for the first card sketch of the month at Sketch N Scrap and Stacy is getting us started with a fun one:


I decided that since there is always a lot of talk of Christmas in July that I would work on a few Christmas cards this month to be ready for the holidays. Here is my first Christmas card of the month:


I think the papers that I used for this card are from an older Shimelle Christmas 6x6 paper pad. The tree stamp and the sentiment are from a couple of old Studio G $1 bin stamps.

I could have gone ahead and used a star for a Christmas card but I wanted to use a different shape and a doily was a great substitution. The hardest part about this fun sketch was deciding what paper to use.

Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap to see how the rest of the design team took on this sketch. I hope you have some time to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love! Way to get a start on your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love your take on the sketch! You have inspired me to get started on my Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this sketch! Choosing the paper is always the hardest part for me, too.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job getting started in July. Maybe if I did that I wouldn't just buy photo collage cards each year...haha

    ReplyDelete