Monday, August 1, 2016

Sketch N Scrap #110 - Feeding The Fish

Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you! The calendar has turned once again and we are around to August 1st! It's crazy to think that this is our last full week of summer vacation around here. Shane will be going back to school next Thursday!

The first of the month means a new month of sketches at Sketch N Scrap. We have a fantastic sketch - courtesy of Heather - to get us started.



The only thing that I did differently with this sketch was use bigger photos than suggested, and since that cut into my room for journaling, I added a tag behind the photos. 

All of these papers were pulled from my stack for my 100 Patterned Paper Challenge. The only one that didn't make it on the layout is the striped piece.

I just love the little fishy's on this green piece! It's hard to see in the actual layout, so here is a close up of it.

We decided to go to Bennett Springs to the pool one day on vacation. We got down there a little early, so we decided to take the kids over to feed the fish at the hatchery. Shane always loves to throw the food in the water and watch the fish go crazy for it! As it turns out, the pool was closed for repairs, so we decided to go to the lake instead! I'm so glad that we got a chance to walk around the park for a while and just enjoy it!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you are ready for a fun month of sketches!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon!

5 comments:

  1. Cool layout :) Love your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy guy-layout, Lori! I like that fishy paper too, LOL. It's perfect here. The colours in this LO are so understated- love it. You are doing so great getting those papers used up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun layout and love that little fishy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch! Love seeing you use up those older papers, if you hadn't said they were older stash I would never have known!

    ReplyDelete