Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #268

Hello, hello! I hope that you are having a good day! Today is my birthday and I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty great day! We woke up to some much needed rain this morning, Abby and Ada are coming over for a visit...it's shaping up to be a pretty great day!


Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge latest sketch has been posted over on the blog and I am here to share my take on it today.


I admit it - I have trouble with these types of sketches where it looks like you are supposed to stamp directly on the background - but I have to remember that a sketch is a starting off point and to not take it too literally - which is how I like to take them! So, here is what I came up with and I will also tell my reasoning behind it!



I am working on getting a start on my Christmas cards and sometimes, when I'm not feeling any other type of card, Christmas cards are easy for me to make!

Now, when I look at the sketch the first thing I notice is that the focal point is to the left side and in a semi-circle shape, so I die cut a circle shape and added it to the left side of my card. I didn't have any images that really fit the main focal spot, so I decided to add my sentiment there instead. All in all, I like the way this turned out and I think you can see where I got the inspiration from the sketch.

For this card, I have used the "Beary Christmas" collection from Close To My Heart. The sentiment is from KaiserCraft's "Mistletoe" stamp set. I added five silver glitter stars below the sentiment, which are a little hard to see in the photo, so here is a close-up:


Be sure to stop by Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge tomorrow for the full design team reveal and last week's Top 3. I hope to see you playing along this week - I would love to see your take on this sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment