Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #286

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! We are two days into the new week and I am already ready for the weekend again!


Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge has their latest sketch posted over on the blog and I am here to share my card inspired by the sketch. Here's a look at the fun sketch:


When I first saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use a Christmas tree on it. Then, I thought maybe I should go with a fall theme and use a big leaf.  I also thought about making a Halloween card and using a ghost...in the end, the Christmas tree won out, and I think this just might be one of my favorite Christmas cards that I have made.


I decided to go the easy route for this card and use a sticker as I didn't feel like digging out all of my Christmas stamps looking for the perfect tree. Although I'd better be getting out my supply of Christmas stamps since I really need to get busy with making my Christmas cards this year (I am a bit behind!).

The sticker is from an Echo Park sticker sheet from the Reflections Christmas collection. The polka dot paper is from that same collection and the green is from Echo Park's Merry Christmas collection from several years ago. The sentiment is from a Studio G $1 stamp. It is just the right size and so it gets used a lot! I added foam tape behind the tree and behind the sentiment to give them a little separation from the background.

Once I finally decided which type of card I was going to make, this card came together so quickly and like I said, it is one of my favorites!

The full design team reveals and last week's Top 3 will be up on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog tomorrow so be sure to stop by and check it out! 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment