Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Southern Girls Challenge - Stripes

Hello, everyone! It's time for a new challenge at Southern Girls Challenge blog. Our challenge to you is to use stripes on your projects.

Our sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Newton's Nook Designs.


I have created a layout of Ada, looking at the toys, and dreaming of what she wants this year for her birthday and Christmas.


I came across this striped patterned paper a week or so ago when I was organizing some of my older paper. It was made by Sue Dreamer  - does anyone remember that company? - and I know it has to be from 2003 or 2004. I think I may still have some 3D type embellishments from this company somewhere stuck in my closet, too! When I came across this paper I thought it paired well with the new Simple Stories - Dream Big - collection. The colors are quite similar and they do go well together.

Since this paper is so old, I didn't have any embellishments that actually went with it, so I looked through my "Dream Big" embellishments and found a few that worked.

I added my journaling on a tag that slips behind the photos. I thought about writing directly on my layout - it would have been pretty easy to do, but in the end, I decided against it.

Head on over to the Southern Girls Challenge blog to see how the rest of the team used stripes on their projects. I hope you have some time to play along with us. I would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute LO! Love the colors and those adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun kid adventures! I miss mine being little. I took my niece shopping last year and took pics on my phone of all the things that she wanted for Christmas. Next time I'll video because she was soooo funny! Great LO! Wendy

    ReplyDelete