Sunday, April 14, 2019

LM #442 - Look Up At The Sky Day

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. Our weather has returned to feeling more like winter than spring and there is even a chance of that s-word in the forecast for this morning. Thank goodness we are supposed to be back to the 70's tomorrow!

It's time for a new challenge at Lasting Memories today. For April our theme is Holiday Insights for Interesting Prompts - so we are focusing on the not-so-well-known holidays. This week's holiday it - Look Up At The Sky Day.

Look up at the Sky Day is a fun day to check out what's up there. 'Ya never know what might be up there. An asteroid or meteor may be on its way. A solar eclipse could be on display. A flock of geese or birds may be overhead (you may need to duck for cover!). or, the clouds may be forming into interesting characters and patterns. Take a few minutes out from your busy day to look up at the sky today. If nothing else, the break from the routine will be relaxing.

Create a layout about what you see looking up at the sky.

This is what I came up with:


I have created a traveler's notebook spread for my 2018 52 Favorites. I am really enjoying going back and looking through photos from last year and picking out a favorite for each week.

Scott and I were on our evening walk last August (I just realized I dated this April instead of August - it will be fixed!) when we happened to look up to see this glorious sight! The sunrays coming out from behind the clouds were just unbelievable. It was quite a sight to see!

I kept my spread pretty simple because I wanted to keep the focus on the photo. I wanted my title to stand out a bit more but I didn't want to outline each of the letters, so I gave each word a line to sit on.

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment